Thursday, February 17, 2011

WHAT SHOULD I CALL IT?


Well, I am thinking of my final project for Managing Luxury Brand Course now. Our class was asked to create the new product line of any brands. So I am thinking of something very innovative, stylish and super luxurious. For myself, I am not so into engine things that much whatever they are Sunseeker yacht or Ferrari super car. Yeah! And that is why I feel very challenging to pursue this path.


Therefore, I come up with the idea of Bentley. The reason why I select this brand is because I am interested in how old money persons spend their money and exactly! Bentley is always one of many choices for them. Not to show off but the quality does matter. I know it is my own perception and I might stereotype but I am going to stick to this idea.


As you know (or you might not know but I am going to tell you!) that Bentley can be able to customize both interior and exterior colour of the car so client are allowed to pick colour of the car as well as the seating. Well, sometimes I think it is a bad idea since I have just seen pink cotton Bentley driving passed myself like 15 minutes ago and I was thinking that it is such a waste of money. But! What I am planning to do now would be a great idea and I believe it has potential. Following, I am going to combine my expertise part into the idea. 


And what is my expertise? I can imagine myself walking on the runway but not in the car showroom. You got me now, right? I am so into fashion, trends and wardrobe styles. While comparing Hermes into brand DNA chart, I found out that it signifies similarities between itself and Bentley. Hence, cooperating or joint venture between two companies would be able to bring greater benefit and better brand value to themselves. I am talking about the co-op between Bentley and Hermes. Yes! You don't read it wrong. I am going to make Bentley's partner 'Hermes'. 


From my point of view, JV (Joint Venture) requires a bunch of in-depth analysis with regards to company profile, figures, remedies and etc. And when it comes to JV, both companies should produce a healthy brand values and grasp positive attitudes from public domain then both sides can enjoy good possibility which enhance themselves into their industries. For instance, Bentley is famous at its quality engine and luxurious design as well as Hermes is well known for its leather craftsmanship. In the other hand, if one or both companies produced negative reputation before, it will affect the brand perception of its partner in the future as well.


After talking too much about my assumption, I would like to introduce you all to the world new car design; traditional yet exquisite, Bentley car design with Hermes interior. How does it sound? Hmmmm….Don’t judge yet because the journey has just begun! Before I end today’s journal, I’d like to show you all some pictures which I will use to describe both brands current perception following with the new concept after emergence.


Current Bentley Brand Concept:




Current Hermes Brand Concept:






Brands Emergence:






Source of photographs: www.jedroot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment